Tyrone County Hospital

Tyrone County Hospital 1899-2017

The Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex’s predecessor was the Tyrone County Hospital, located in Omagh on the Hospital Road. For over 100 years the Tyrone County Hospital treated the people of Omagh and surrounding areas providing outstanding healthcare to both young and old.

The Tyrone County Hospital was an enhanced local hospital which offered a wide range of services, including: (please note this list is not exhaustive)

·         24-hour Urgent Care and Treatment Centre

·         Cardiac Assessment Unit and Cardiac Investigations

·         Renal unit and Renal Home Therapies

·         Rehabilitation Ward

·         Palliative Care Ward

·         Day-case Surgery

·         Medical Imaging

·         Women’s Centre

·         Rapid Response

·         Children’s Centre

·         Pain Clinic

·         Outpatients Department

·         Chemotherapy Outreach Service

·         HSDU (Hospital Decontamination and Sterilization Unit)

·         Diabetes Centre

·         Hospital Pharmacy

·         The Grapevine Hospital Canteen

It had 30 inpatient beds and 17 day-case beds.

From 8.00am on the 20 June 2017 the Tyrone County Hospital closed its doors to patients, with services transferred to the Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex.

To view the Tyrone County Hospital Commemorative Booklet - click the button below.