Family and friends are requested to visit between the hours of:
3:00pm to 4:00pm and 7.00pm to 8:30pm [Adult Wards]
These visiting hours apply to all patients and visitors in Altnagelvin, South West Acute, Gransha, Lakeview, Tyrone County, Tyrone & Fermanagh and Waterside Hospitals.
There are different visiting arrangements for the Intensive Care Unit / High Dependency Unit, Children’s Ward, Neonatal Unit, Special Care Baby Unit and Maternity Department
Visitors must only visit during the designated visiting times unless alternative arrangements have been agreed with the Ward Manager due to extenuating circumstances e.g. when a patient is very ill or where a relative / carer is involved in the delivery of patient care.
Visitors are asked to wash their hands or use the alcohol hand rub on entering and leaving the ward. A notice advising visitors on hand hygiene will be displayed in a prominent place along with hand hygiene products.
Visitors should not visit from ward to ward as this can increase the risk of the transfer of infection.
When visiting the hospital visitors should only use the public toilets.
Visitors should be advised that in the interest of promoting patient privacy that camera phones, cameras and camcorders should not be used within the ward area except in Maternity Department where special guidance in available.
Please Do Not Visit if You Have:
- Vomiting, Diarrhoea
- Coughs, Cold or Flu
- Any other infectious conditions
Visitor Advice to Promote Patient Well-being
- Keep to the allocated visiting times
- Limit visit to two people for each patient at any one time – please do not visit more than one ward
- Do not sit on the bed or touch your relative’s / friend’s wounds, drips or drains
- Visitors are permitted to bring washed fruit and soft drinks for patients - no other food or drink is permitted
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult - children should only visit close relatives
- Children under 2 should not visit