Mens Health Week 2012
To mark Men's Health Week 2012, the Trust has coordinated and is supporting a series of focused events and activities to highlight health opportunities specific for men.
11th June - Drop in health information session for male Trust staff. Canteen, T&F, Omagh, 2pm – 4.30pm
12th June - Drop in health information session for male Trust staff. Education Room, Erne Hospital, Enniskillen, 10.30am -3.30pm
- 7th June | 14th June - Mental Health First Aid training. Verbal Arts Centre, L’Derry, 10am-4.30pm
- 14th June - Mens Health Screening, St Columb’s Park House, L’Derry,10.30am-4.30pm
- 15th June - Mens Health Event. Care for Cancer, Omagh, 10am-12pm
- 12th – 16th June - Mens Action Network: Mens health and wellbeing events daily during mens health week:
- Blood pressure
- Cholesterol check
- Complimentary therapies
- Men’s Health Display stands and information
Foyleside Shopping Centre, L’Derry (beside the food court). 10am – 5pm.
Health checks: 1-3pm. Complimentary therapies: 12-1pm, 3-4pm
- 16th June - Mens Action Network visiting local bars in Derry offering blood pressure and cholesterol checks, 2-4pm.
- 16th June - Dads Day at LAST Surestart Family Centre, Gortin Road, Omagh, 11am-1pm.
- 18th June - Heartstart: Emergency life support skills training. Gallows Hill, Omagh, 7pm-10pm.
- 19th June - coinciding with Bike Week, a fun cycle for Western Trust staff, clients, patients, friends and family: All ages welcome! Meet 6.45pm in Sainsbury’s carpark, L’Derry beside the quay. Cycle from 7pm across Peace Bridge and around St Columb’s Park at your own pace and return to celebrate with FREE refreshments The Coffee House, Atlantic Quay at 8.00pm. Please bring your bike, a cycle helmet, suitable footwear and clothing. 6.45pm-8pm.
To register a place contact Lesley Finlay, Health Improvement Department on (028) 71865127
- 20th June - FREE cycle instruction to help you get started cycling to work and using the growing network of local cycling paths. Please bring your bike, a cycle helmet, suitable footwear and clothing.Reception at the main Tyrone & Fermanagh Hospital building. National Standard Level 1 basic cycle training, 12-1pm. National Standard Level 2 cycling on road, 1-2pm. To register a place contact Lesley Finlay, Health Improvement Department on (028)
- 26th June - Men's Health Information session. Lakeland Forum, Enniskillen, 10.30am-12.30pm
For further information on any of the Men’s Health Events contact the Health Improvement Department on 028 71865127 or Man's action Network on 028 71377777.