The Health and Social Care Trusts have responsibility for all Looked After Children in Northern Ireland so we are in the best position to place children with foster carers. There are approximately 290 children and young people living with foster carers in the Western Trust area.
We have children of all ages in the western area who urgently need foster homes on a short and long term basis.
We need a broad range of foster carers to meet the demand of children requiring a foster placement and allow them to be placed with the most suitable carers, limiting disruption and instability in children's lives.
To find out more information about how to become a foster carer and to speak to someone in the foster care team please come along to a local information session. A list of sessions in January can be found below:
June Information Sessions
- Tuesday 9 June at 7.30pm in Conference Room, Main Building, Tyrone & Fermanagh Hospital, Omagh
- Wednesday 10 June at 7.30pm in Patient Education & Exercise Room, South West Acute Hospital, Enniskillen
- Monday 15 June at 7.30pm in Scroggy Road Health Centre, Limavady
- Tuesday 16 June at 7.30pm in Cumber House, Claudy, Londonderry
- Wednesday 17 June at 7.30pm in Fir Trees Hotel, Strabane
- Thursday 18 June at 7.30pm in Da Vincis Hotel, Derry
We are interested in finding people who could help make a real difference to a child’s life by becoming one of our valued foster carers.
You can apply to foster whether:
- You are married / cohabiting or single
- You work full time or are on benefits
- You own or rent your home
- You have or do not have children of your own
- We will also consider applications irrespective of religious / ethnic background or sexual orientation
- Our foster carers receive ongoing training, financial allowances and 24 hour fostering social work support. We want to find the right home for our vulnerable children.
Find out about fostering by hearing what young people who have been fostered think:
If you feel you have time and space in your life, call us today on: 028 7131 4244 (Limavady, Derry and Strabane areas) or 028 8283 5264 (Omagh and Fermanagh areas) or visit www.adoptionandfostering.hscni.net for more information.
Fostering gives a child a brighter future!