The Health and Social Care Trusts have responsibility for all Looked After Children in Northern Ireland so we are in the best position to place children with foster carers. There are approximately 290 children and young people living with foster carers in the Western Trust area.
We have children of all ages in the western area who urgently need foster homes on a short and long term basis.
We need a broad range of foster carers to meet the demand of children requiring a foster placement and allow them to be placed with the most suitable carers, limiting disruption and instability in children's lives.
We are interested in finding people who could help make a real difference to a child’s life by becoming one of our valued foster carers.
You can apply to foster whether:
- You are married / cohabiting or single
- You work full time or are on benefits
- You own or rent your home
- You have or do not have children of your own
- We will also consider applications irrespective of religious / ethnic background or sexual orientation
- Our foster carers receive ongoing training, financial allowances and 24 hour fostering social work support. We want to find the right home for our vulnerable children.
Find out about fostering by hearing what young people who have been fostered think:
If you feel you have time and space in your life, call us today on: 028 7131 4244 (Limavady, Derry and Strabane areas) or 028 8283 5264 (Omagh and Fermanagh areas) or visit www.adoptionandfostering.hscni.net for more information.
Fostering gives a child a brighter future!